Sunday, 20 November 2011

No longer a scarf

Button made from handwoven fabric. Natural lambswool and mohair boucle from Texere; handspun made from merino silk fibre from Old Maiden Aunt

Earlier this year I posted about my plans to weave a three-colour checked pattern on my Cricket loom. During the summer I did the weaving. I enjoyed the process and was pleased with the feel of the finished fabric, but just wasn't keen on it being a scarf as originally planned.

Last week I took the plunge and started cutting up the fabric. I have made two cushion covers - each has a strip of the handwoven fabric on one side and three covered buttons (as shown above) on the other. I used iron-on interfacing on the back of the fabric before covering the plastic button blank, and am pleased with the results.

No comments: