Monday, 24 December 2012

Upland Meadow Mittens


Upland Meadow Mittens
Pattern by Helena Callum, published in Ennea Collective, December 2012


My new pattern for a pair of mittens that are almost, but not quite, in the traditional Norwegian style, is now available from the Ennea Collective.

The fibre I used for the samples came from Fluff-n-Stuff - I posted about it here. The background, cream-coloured, yarn is New Lanark DK.

When I posted about the Masham Sheep Fair back at the beginning of October, I didn't mention one of the most exciting things that happened, because it involved my new mitten pattern which couldn't be made public at that point. I was awarded first prize in Class 18 of the Wool Craft Competition, which is for "Any other item using some handspun yarn".

Upland Meadow Mittens
Pattern by Helena Callum, now available in Ennea Collective, December 2012

No comments: