Sunday, 15 December 2013

Handwoven wristlet keyrings


I have been making keyrings as Christmas presents for a couple of years now. This year I decided to use some of my handwoven fabric to make a few in the wristlet style, which is great for keeping your keys at hand when you're carrying things or doing something else.

There are many tutorials online: I used the one at Bayou bags. I bought the hardware from Everythingribbons on Etsy, choosing the 1 inch rather than to 1.25 inch width, as it was easier to find 1 inch / 25 mm cotton webbing in the UK. I got the webbing from Lyndons Stitch and Beads on ebay.

The tutorial recommends using an edge-stitch foot on your sewing machine. I used the one called a blindstitch foot in the manual for my machine, and it worked really well.

No comments: